Wednesday, January 19, 2011

1964 1/2 Mustang Convertible

Often time, it's a simple act that can turn a tough, stressful day on end.  So it was for me today.  After hours of knocking on doors and talking advertising to a variety of clients, I returned to my office and found this model car sitting on my keyboard.

It seems that while I was out on my rounds, my son stopped by with this seemingly small gift of a model car.  Not just any ol' car model.  No, this is a model of a Green 1964 1/2 Mustang Convertible. This is a model of my very first car.

I was touched today in two ways.  First with fond memories of that classic car that I drove around in during my senior year at Harding and secondly with the realization that my son stopped what he was doing and thought of his dad.  While busy with his own life and the responsibilities that it has for him, he remembered me.  That in itself means very very much to me.

Thanks, son. 


01-19-11

3 comments:

  1. awwwww... *sniff*sniff* really. That was so nice! He mentioned this to me but was hoping to have for Christmas. This was much than receiving it then though!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! How thoughtful :o)

    ReplyDelete