Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A New Old Ring

A year ago last June while Barbara and I were in New Mexico I met a Native American jeweler named Raymond Twinhorse. I really liked his work and particularly the sterling ring that is shown below. Unfortunately he didn't have one in my size, so when I returned to Ohio I placed an order for a custom ring, with a stone called "White Buffalo". They call it a turquoise even though it isn't. I believe it's really howlite. Anyway, the stone arrived with the White Buffalo stone and I loved it, but after a time the stone began to turn in color to a light brown and at that point I no longer loved it. I sent the ring back to Raymond Twinhorse and asked him to re-set the ring with a new stone, preferably with a blue turquoise.

This is what I just received from him, at no additional charge. I love it! The blue is intense and that little speck in the lower corner is a piece of pyrite, otherwise known as "fools gold" I really enjoy wearing this ring again!



07-12-11

No comments:

Post a Comment