Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Two Old Hippies

My "Photo of the Day" was not taken by me, BUT.. it WAS taken with MY camera by cousin Ralph, so technically it's still my photo.

Anyway, I went to a Randy Stonehill concert this evening and you might think that I stood in line to get my photo taken with him, but I did not. Instead, I opted to stand in line to get my photo taken with the legendary Mr. Rich Fout of WCVO "Final Flight" fame. 

Rich and I go way back.  It was the early 1980s when I found his radio program. My son JT and I would throw our pillows up against the stereo cabinet (you know, those long pieces of furniture that held a turntable, radio and eight track player?) at 10pm on Friday nights and listen to Rich play all the latest music in Christian Rock. He and I would lay there often to 1:00 or so listening to the likes of Mylon Lefevre, Steve Camp, Rick Cua, Stryper, Barren Cross and Messiah Prophet. 

Rich Fout. He touched a lot of lives, including mine. My life has truly been blessed by him and his ministry.




06-28-11

3 comments:

  1. Was a good time, brought back some memories for me also. Thanks for putting the word out about the concert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome!! We were just talking about him at the DA concert!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Metal of Honor portion started of with To Hell With the Devil at midnight! Heart Song Records was a fun place too!

    ReplyDelete